So I decided I would share my update with you of how my prayers are going in regards to praying for others.
Day 1- March 18, 2018:
- This was my first night doing this for the week. I made a list with about 10 names of people and their individual needs.
- That night I knelt down and had the list with me.
- I prayed and only prayed for them and not for myself. (Except for safety for myself and my family that night).
- It was a very emotional experience. I cried as I was filled with peace and love.
That first night was really amazing. I felt love for each and every one of the people I prayed for.
Day 2 – March 19, 2018
- In the morning I continued to pray for those people on the list.
- It was interesting because when I woke up that morning I felt so well rested. I woke up just a few minutes before my alarm and I felt good. I haven’t been sleeping good and I have been exhausted physically but this morning when I woke up I felt well rested.
- I don’t know if it was a tender mercy from God for what I am doing, but I like to think so.
I couldn’t believe when I woke up and felt good. Usually I wake up and I feel so tired and just want to keep sleeping. It was such a miracle that I woke up feeling awake and happy. I of course did thank Him for this (so I did pray for me too haha).
Day 3: March 20, 2018
- My prayer at night was a bit different. I added 2 people to the list.
- I got together with 2 of my good friends from church and we drove to a secluded place overlooking a hill and we just talked. We talked about the serious stuff, the funny stuff and just plain random stuff.
- One friend was asking how to help another friend who was struggling. My other friend responded that sometimes all we can do is pray for them and love them and never give up hope.
- I have 2 siblings that don’t go to church anymore and I’ve always thought to myself that I pray for them all the time. But it hit me… I don’t. I pray for them once in awhile but they are never included in ALL of my prayers.
- So I added my two siblings to my list and I prayed for them as well.
It was cool to have that experience where I was able to add my own siblings and realize that I can pray for them more often than I do now.
So far it has been a really good experience and it’s only day 4 today.
More to follow!