So here is the continuation of my weekly prayers for others.
Day 4: March 21, 2018
In the evening I was able to add a student to my list.
- This student has been acting a bit off and not himself.
- The parents decided to take him to the doctors to make sure everything is okay.
This student had a seizure due to a fever about 1-2 months ago so anytime he starts acting lethargic or sad now we are more alert. The dad thinks it is an ear infection, so we will see what the doctor says. But it was a cool experience to be able to add this child to my list.
Day 5: March 22, 2018
- At night I was able to add another person. While praying now I will often think of someone that came to my mind during the day and add them to the list.
- How often do we hear of someone struggling and say “yeah I’ll pray for them” but then forget to?
- Using this list has helped me rethink about people and my day.
It was interesting how my day went. I work at a school and normally when it rains it can be super chaotic because the kids are inside all day. But on this day when it rained I survived! It is because I am thinking of others more? Or maybe it is because I am noticing the hand of God more?
Overall this has been a really good experience. I realized today that there are two more people who I can add to my list.
It was a good experience because one person who I had been praying for twice a day posted about being able to feel the prayers this past week as they are struggling with some health problems in their family. It was a good feeling to know that I was one of those people constantly thinking about them.
I want to continue keeping a list of people I should pray for because I know it has helped me focus more on others.
I encourage all of you to do the same.