Recently I have been reading a new book called, I Still Want to be an Astronaut by James Perry. It has a lot of inspirational quotes, while also having a sense fo humor. James Perry is from a comedy group called Studio C so it only makes sense that his book would be a bit funny.
I want to share a few quotes with you that I read from this week’s reading.
“You have the potential of the sun … If you are going to bless the world in a unique way that no one else could, then you should probably know what is unique about you. I call it Finding Your Style.“
We all have that potential, but I love that he says we are all unique and that means blessing others in that unique way. We shouldn’t expect to be good at something just because someone else can do it. We have unique talents and can use those unique talents to bless the lives of others in a way that someone else can’t.
- You have infinite, unchanging, enduring, absolute, non-negotiable value.
- You have the power to choose happiness or choose misery.
- You have gifts that you are meant to share with others.
- Your life has endless purpose, and you get to decide which purposes to pursue, whether one at a time or a hundred at a time.
- You will be okay, and it is always worth moving forward, whether you are running or barely moving one step.
And lastly …
How can you ever know what you’re made of if you are never challenged to do things you’ve never done?
This last one rings true to my heart. How many of you have been too scared to do something because it was new? Or never took a leap of faith because of the unknown? But how will we ever know what we are capable of until we actually try??